Deer Creek Golf Clubs recognizes that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. As proud members of the Ajax Pickering Board of Trade’s Green Business Community we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, vendors and other stakeholders to do the same.
Every employee at Deer Creek Golf Clubs is responsible to ensure that the objectives of our Green Policy are met in their designated areas.
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimize the use of paper in the office through double sided printing.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- Energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organizations to dispose of waste.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.